three new edits . . .

| Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Miss Underworld:
Assignment 4

Round 1: In regards to your song, your pic must be a “scene” from the song, following the lyrics for a shot in a music video of that song. Except that Medusa had other ideas and sent you all, save one into a time machine, each of you ending up in a different era (your pick). For the one not Sabotaged, Medusa gives you a key. You may choose to open door number 1 or the door to the time machine and pull someone else out that will be free from Sabotage. If you pull a person free of the time machine, she will also get to open one of three doors for a prize. Will you take the risk?

Round 2: Medusa calls and tells you LE is out scouting for new talent, but had booked you all a swimwear photoshoot on a beautiful island beach. Too bad Medusa switched the tickets and you ended up some place where swimwear is not the best thing to wear, at all. For the one not sabotaged and Chama, you are at a beautiful beach.


****

I couldn't have been more excited when I found out what song Medusa had assigned to me - I mean, who DOESN'T love The Who? I mean, really. I was loving the concept of the video, until all of a sudden, a stagehand (who couldn't have been human, because, let's face it, no human could push me anywhere) pushed me into this ... well, I didn't exactly know what it was at first, it looked like Back to the Future meets old school stand up tanning bed meets broom closet. When the purple lights came on, I started feeling light headed and stifled the urge to call out for McFly.
Then it started. The low, resonating whir - and then the wind that felt like it separated my body, atom, by atom. It was excruciation, but it's all I remember. Yes. I can admit it. The third strongest shifter in the entire state of Louisiana passed out from the pain.

When I woke up, despite the headache and the pile of vomit next to me - it only took me a few moments to realize where I was. Before I even opened my eyes - I smelled pack. Strong. All around me... and trust me - when a Were is hurt - that's what you want to smell. Home. But I still wasn't prepared for what I saw.

I'd been here before - or better yet - i'd been to this exact site in the future. One of the oldest Panthera meeting places ... but the way it looked was something I'd only seen drawings of in secret texts my dad kept in a vault under his study. The trees were there, something I'd found terrifying until my father had explained their significance. The skulls of past leaders and the strongest alphas were hung from sacred trees to keep their knowledge and power close to the pack - and were honored every full moon...

Maybe you don't know a lot about our history - but we've been here as long as you have - and we are global. Google "Panther Sightings in England and the Americas." The actual animal is not native to the area, but some how sightings of enormous black cats go back as early as people kept record. Yep. It was us. And though, all through history, we'd be burned at the stake like witches if ever exposed - those of us who managed to stay hidden among humans (despite being ... lunarly-challenged) were vital to human existence. That incredible hunter that managed to always find food to bring home to his village? You can bet he was one of us. The shaman who healed your child of the sickness that was taking lives in record numbers all around you? He was one of us too.

And I'd somehow landed back in (what I guessed was) the 1300's - in the middle of the Somhain Lunar Hunt.


o u t . h e r e . i n . t h e . f i e l d s ; i . f i g h t. f o r . m y . m e a l s .
i . g e t. m y . b a c k . i n t o. m y . l i v i n g
i . d o n t . n e e d . t o . f i g h t . t o . p r o v e. i m . r i g h t.
i . d o n t . n e e d . t o . b e . f o r g i v e n.


The next morning, I woke up to a steel toed boot being jammed into my ribs; I growled - but only heard a laugh in response. It's not a laugh you ever forget once you've heard it - devoid of all joy, all humor.. full of pure contempt. Medusa.

"You were supposed to be at he airport this morning." She arranged her mouth into what she probably thought was a smile and pointed at her watch.

"Technically, I'm supposed to be at the airport in about..." I did a few calculations in my head, "...in a little over seven hundred years, Medusa. I've got time to sleep it off." I rolled over - even though I knew I wasn't getting to go back to sleep. I'd been allowed to hunt with the Bluestone pack the night before - to shift with the descendants of the LEGENDS who built Stonehenge (Yep. WerePanthers. I mean, seriously, do you actually think HUMANS could have lifted those stones?). The air felt different here - charged with electricity and magic.. and really - they'd hunted. I'd ran and jumped and rolled in the dirt like a kitten - batting leaves around in the air and climbing trees just to look out at the untainted, undeveloped English landscape as it had been centuries ago with my panther eyes, seeing farther into the distance than any human ever could.

Before I could even fake a snore, I was being pulled to my feet by my hair. Medusa whirled me around and that snarl she calls a smile was still in place.

"You have your swimwear shoot." And with that, we were time-traveling again - only worse. No time machine, no flux capacitor - just me in open space-time, hanging by my hair from Medusa's stony fingertips. At least I didn't pass out this time. I fell to my knees as soon as we hit land and proceeded to gag until I was dry heaving in the snow. ...Snow?

"I though you said swimwear." I managed to gasp out between convulsions.

"Hmm.." she murmured - amusement in her voice. "Traveling with out use of stones or a machine is ... tricky." She laughed. "I guess we'll just have to make due here."




Sim's Next Top Model:

0 comments: