underworld week three

| Saturday, August 14, 2010

Well, i pulled up to the "set" of my first real photoshoot -- for Medusa's new perfume; which, if you ask me, smells like roses and rotting corpses - but... maybe that was the point. Well, first of all, I was late AND covered in blood ... not my blood - and it's not what you think. trust me. I've learned to expect anything concerning Medusa to be a disaster, so the fact that we were shooting at the creepiest old house in Hotshot didn't surprise me. Neither did the pigtails or the floral&cloud print dress. I scoped out the prop table and found ... teddy bears and lollipops? I guess Medusa's trying to diversify her audience. I picked up the cutest little mummy-bear (FULLY intending to hide it in my bag after the shoot) and a yummy Dia de los Muertos themed skull lolly, but neither did much to raise my spirits. I was pi.ss.ed off to the fullest extent - despite the fact that normally, i would have loved this shoot. Thrown off by what was possibly (probably) going on in my house, I could barely get my mouth into anything other than a grimace... At least when I'm in human form, baring my teeth isn't so scary.



Okay, why was I so angry today? Well, yesterday (my day off, i might add) I was supposed to spend a lazy, peaceful, relaxing day by the beach. Did it happen? What do you think? The leader of a neighboring pack was killed; and the weaker members of his pack were given two options by the new master: leave or die. My dad, a total bleeding heart, decided to take in LITERALLY half of the Metraire panthers... yeah, the only problem is he doesn't QUITE have enough space to house twenty Weres. Which means those of us who can, have to take them in until the pack can find more permanent housing. Lucky, lucky me ended up with FOUR of their weakest, most submissive cats; I guess the point being I'm dominant enough to keep them in line. But, no one thought far enough ahead to comprehend that maybe the good old boys might not be too keen on taking orders from a woman, hence the blood at my photoshoot and one less kitty in my house. The doctors say if he regains his strength enough to shift - he'll be fine. :]

But it's not like it's made the other three any easier to get along with. I came home from my photoshoot to find out that they'd PAWNED my freaking coffee table to buy beer, and not only did they RUIN my love-seat with mud and shifter-fluid, they tried TO EAT IT. Lovely. Thanks Dad. No good deed ever goes unpunished.

0 comments: